French Intent Statement
The core language taught at Hunts Cross Primary School is French. Our planning is based on the Liverpool scheme of work which covers all the components of the Programme of Study. It is the intention that all children in KS2 will access first quality teaching of French in order to adequately prepare them for KS3.
Our MFL curriculum will:
- Help children develop their awareness of cultural differences in other countries.
- Develop an interest in learning other languages.
- Introduce young children to another language in a way that is enjoyable and stimulating.
- Stimulate and encourage children’s curiosity about language.
- Encourage children to be aware that language has a structure and that the structure differs from one language to another.
- Develop listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
- Lay the foundations for future language learning.
- Encourage children’s confidence.