History Intent Statement
At Hunts Cross Primary School, History is a key driver in creating a holistic and inclusive Foundation Curriculum for children to experience. We aim to take children on a journey of learning whereby there is progressive development of knowledge and skills that are constantly being practiced and refined.
Through careful planning, delivery, and resources we intend to:
- Provide a wide range of experiences and facts from the past that will encourage curiosity.
- Expose children to quality texts that will support their historical learning and bring to life the facts and knowledge they acquire.
- Understand the History of our planet and the amazing periods and civilisations that have graced our world.
- Give children an appreciation of the people, events and periods that have occurred within our history and the wider world. Discussing how their contributions have helped shape the world we live in now.
- Provide opportunities for children to reflect, question and debate the past creating their own questions and lines of enquiry.
- To show respect for historical artefacts and evidence but also use this evidence to support their own ideas.