Rationale for home learning Home Learning is a very important part of a child's education and can add much to a child's development.
Aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of home learning are:
• to enable pupils to make maximum progress in their academic and social development;
• to help pupils develop the skills of an independent learner;
• to promote cooperation between home and school in supporting each child's learning;
• to enable all aspects of the curriculum to be covered in sufficient depth;
• to provide educational experiences not possible in school;
• to consolidate and reinforce the learning done in school, and to allow children to practice skills taught in lessons;
• to help children develop good work habits for the future;
• to provide children with an education in the event of a school closure.